Mix & Match Free Covers
Where you choose and I create!
Hello, everyone! I'm looking for practice as always, and I also wanted to find out a way to take care of the demand of novel covers on Webnovel, so here we go with another thread!
This is an experiment of a sort, in a way, because I have no idea if this would work out nicely or not. So, here's an explanation of how it's going to work.
I) You pick a character!
2) You pick a background!
3) You fill out the form!
4) I put it together!
5) You get a cover!
1) You pick a background!
2) You fill out the form!
3) I put it together!
5) You get a cover!
I get that this is confusing and that it doesn't make sense, but once we get to the actual images section, everything will explain itself! This thread mainly comes from the idea that one of the most time consuming aspect of making graphics is finding the content to manipulate, so if I format requests this way, everything will be a lot easier! If this goes well, there will be more themes, but for now, I'm starting off with oriental because that's my favorite.
So, without further ado, let's get started with the images.
First Batch Theme: Cultivation/Historical/Oriental Novels
Pick ONE image. If you would like to have TWO (two max, though), the characters must look like they could fit together on a poster. If they don't, I will inform you and we can go on from there.
Pick ONE background that matches with your character design. For example, if you pick C18, I would suggest BG14, not BG1 simply because the vibes match better with certain ones. If your background doesn't work, I will choose for you, but I will try my best to keep your selections when making your cover.
If you do not wish to have a character in your poster, you may also use only a background for your cover! just tell me in the character section of the form that you would like a background poster, and I will do so.
The rules! (because we all love those <3)
(1) If you are already requesting for a cover from another thread for the same story, do not request here unless you are canceling the cover you are requesting at the other thread! This is to prevent people from using this thread as a 'cover hoarding' thread where they request with no intention to actually use the cover and just want to have a bunch of covers for their stories. However, if you have already received your cover from the other thread and are not satisfied with it, as long as the other thread allows it, you may request here with the intention to replace your original cover!
(2) Since you are choosing what goes on your cover, I expect that you will at least use your finished request as your story cover for a while. Otherwise, why are you requesting here?
(3) Your cover will not only consist of the two elements you choose (character & BG). I will add on textures, colors, and effects onto it for you. That is my job as a graphics designer, after all.
(4) Characters and BGs may not be reused. If I've used it for a request once, then no one else may choose it as their character/bg of choice for future requests. Therefore, I would highly recommend looking through the entire request to see if the character/bg you would like to be used has been used already or not.
(5) Please be nice. I don't like working with demanding people.
So, here's the form that you must fill out and paste as a reply to this thread to receive your request! If you don't fill out the form, your request will be ignored.
- Author Name/ Pen Name:
- Link to Story:
- Character Number:
- Background Number:
- Any Other Notes:
Here is an example of how to fill out the form.
- Title: Power Up, Artist Yang!
- Author Name/ Pen Name: Yao Yueyi
- Link to Story: https://www.webnovel.com/book/11701767605489305/
- Character Number: C17
- Background Number: BG20
- Any Other Notes: If you could include an inky texture, that would be great!
So, that's about all that I can think of including for now. As I mentioned above, if this batch goes well, I'll make another batch with different genres/themes (perhaps a modern one, I'm thinking?) so let's just see how it goes! Thread will close when all the images (or almost all the images) are used up!
If you have any requests that can't be fulfilled by this thread, feel free to go to my other request thread, Free covers for your stories!, though just saying, your request will be quicker here than over there, since the whole point of this Mix & Match thread is to make the cover-making process faster.
Have fun requesting!