Hi All~The results of our Writing Prompts Contests #57 & #58 are out!
Winners check your email for the ss awards~
Hello, dear authors~ From today onwards, the writing prompts contests shall undergo a change. The contest's time period shall be lengthened from one week to two weeks, and tthere will be more main prompt topics to choose from, as well as more abundant rewards.
Here are the main topics of this writing prompt~!
Writing Prompts Contest 57：
Keywords: "Travel; Contract; Magic; Adorable kids; Desert; Detective; Designer; Prom"
Writing Prompts Contest 58：
Keywords: ''Dragon; Gene; Planet''
You're free to choose any contest topic, or even multiple topics and incorporate them all into your story.
For instance, I may choose Writing Prompts Contest 57, and then choose three out of the eight keywords: "contract + desert + prom". That way, I can create a story outline like this:
A nobles' school and a commoners' school will have a combined dance party every year, as these two schools' principals have had an excellent friendship since long ago. Every year, the boy and girl awarded "best dancing couple" will go under contract to date each other for three months. This year's dance party is quite special. Due to an invitation from the noble school's sponsors, the dance party will be held at a hotel in Dubai. On the night of the party, both schools' students banded together to adventure in the nearby desert...
Or, I could pick two out of three keywords from Writing Prompts Contest 58. For instance, I could create a story outline with "dragon + planet" like this: Once upon a time, a dragon flew out from the dark universe in search for a newborn star. Due to starvation, it decided to hibernate within the core of that planet, feeding on the planet's heat energy. Countless years later, human adventurers dug down through the crust and mantle, all the way to the planet's core...
Any two keyword combinations can stimulate the imagination and create a spark. Feel free to add on any interesting or imaginative setting you can come up with, creating a story of your own! Write down any words you can think of on a piece of blank paper. These words will become inspiration for your story.
Contest Awards - How to join - Rules
Featured on the front page: Every first place prize for each topic shall be shown on the front page's "Trending Original Stories" section for 2-3 days, across our PC + App + Mobile platforms. Based on past experience, this will add 1000+ or more readers who bookmark your story in their library.
Spirit Stone rewards: Every first place winner for each topic shall receive 1000 SS. 2nd and 3rd place shall both receive 500 SS. 4th through 10th place shall each receive 100 SS. These Spirit Stones will be handed out in the form of gift cards to each author's inbox. Every gift card will contain 100 SS.
Showcased on banner: after the end of the contest, the results will be publicized on the banner as well as forums, so that the winning novels will receive even more publicity.
Chance to sign a contract: outstanding novels will directly receive the chance to sign a contract.
How to join
Click the create button at the top of webnovel.com's homepage. After you log in to the Inkstone platform, choose [Writing Prompts Contest 57] and [Writing Prompts Contest 58] in order to join the contest.
- This contest will take place from 2/25/2019 to 3/10/2019, over a period of two weeks. The contest results will be announced three days after the end of the writing prompt on the jianghu forums.
- The final rankings will be determined by how many Powerstones each novel receives by the end of two weeks. After eliminating any novels that don't fit the criteria, our editors will then make their final decision.
- Only novels that have more than 10,000 words will be eligible for final rankings.
- Fan-fic novels are ineligible for final rankings.
- Novels entered in the contest must be your original work with the copyright fully owned by you. No plagiarism shall be tolerated.
- The main plot of your novel must adhere to one of the writing prompt's topics. Otherwise, it will be treated as a non-participating novel.
- Your novel may not disparage other religions or cultural beliefs.
- Webnovel reserves the right of final explanations.
- It's important to have daily updates in order to attract readers' attention.
- Proactively communicate with your readers. You'll receive sincere advice and encouragement.
- Every chapter's word count length is recommended at 2000 words. At minimum, please don't go under 800 words per chapter.
- The main character's name should have a name suitable for the cultural setting of the novel. Please don't imitate translated Chinese novels in using pinyin names. More localized stories are easier to show their strong points with.
- If you wish to learn more webnovel writing techniques, please check out the Book of Authors.