How to find success as an original author on WN:
1) Release at least 1 chapter per day of at least 1k words.
2) Have a constant flow of reviews on your book. This could be done by asking others for help on this forum, and could also be asked of your readers.
3) If self editing, use a free program such as Google Docs or Grammarly. In this way, your grammar mistakes will not go unfixed and your writing will continue to improve as you learn about the mistakes you make more regularly.
4) Use the author notes on every "important/major" chapter. If there is a cliffhanger or a twist, it is always good to ask readers for feedback as long as it is not in the first 5-10 chapters. More comments throughout your book means the WN algorithm will reward you slowly over time.
5) If releasing daily, do it for at least 2 months consistently before going on hiatus. The recommended section will usually pick up your novel if you have 60+ chapters and have released consistently every day for two months. Recommended section has helped many authors grow considerably larger even if they have not signed a contract whether exclusive or non exclusive.
6) Once you have 50k+ words, seek out an editor for a contract. Contracts whether exclusive or non exclusive have been known to catapult a book in popularity greatly because they come with long featured slots which is perfect for making money for your work and building an active audience/reader base. (Recommended if under 18 to consult with a parent/guardian, and recommended to have a lawyer to look over said contract)